CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Just an update

I figured since I haven't written anything in over a month I should probably just post some kind of update on what we're doing.


Tax season came to an end and so did my job. I wish I could say I was surprised, but for about the past month at my last job I just had this feeling that I should start looking for a new job. It's weird, but I didn't pay any attention because my job was paying a lot of money (a lot more than I felt I was worth! our little secret!!) so I just ignored it. I had noticed it had gone from crazy busy, to insane slow. But finally it did come to an end. And I got an even better job! So I am very excited about that, and the best part is it isn't for a CPA firm, so no more tax seasons!!! YEAH!!


James is managing the opening of a brand new Harney Sushi restuarant in Oceanside, CA and has been working like crazy. He's been working seven days a week for very long hours to make sure that everything is ready for the VIP opening on June 27th. Between our work schedules we hardly see each other anymore. So I decided that for the grand opening we are really going to celebrate. I reserved the Honeymoon Suite at the nicest hotel in Oceanside for us and I am so excited about it! The room is amazing, overlooking the ocean, so it will be a fun weekend for us to relax!


James has always been very artistic, and recently he had some one take an interest in his art. We are getting all of his pieces ready for an exhibit in a gallery. I've always loved his artwork, and he thought I was saying it was great because I'm his wife. So it was amazing for him to have someone not related tell him it was great. I can't wait for his first piece to sell! I know it won't take long!


Our niece Brooke graduated from high school this last week. It is wierd for me to have nieces and nephews the same age as my sister, but it's fun to be the cool young aunt too! James' parents come to town for the graduation and stayed with us. We had everyone over for a bbq on Fathers' Day. I feel really lucky to have such great in-laws.


We've just been so busy lately, too busy to take any pictures. And really we haven't been doing anything but working lately. My new job is pretty demanding, it feels like a real grown-up job! And James' job has turned into a real career with amazing opportunities along with long hours. We have both decided that we are just going work as hard as possible during our 30's, we're hoping to retire in our 40's! That's the goal! Laugh all you want! We are going to make it happen!

4 comments:

NT Weekes Family said...

WOW!! NEW Job! Congrats! James' job sounds really demanding... it will be worth it in the end! :o)
Have FuN in your suite... it sounds Fabulious! The art gallery thing sounds pretty CooL! Aren't you glad you moved?! -- Look at all these Great Opportunities!
Anyways, I'm glad that you are still blogging.... missed ya!
~ Nickelle :o)

Sybrina said...

So much news this time! Wow! How exciting! It is so amazing how things just work out sometimes.

I talked to Mom today and she shared just how much you enjoy your new job! That is fabulous!

Well, hope things are still going well. Keep us "posted"!

Craig and Cynthia said...

Dawn,
Sounds like you guys are super busy and lovin it. I know the feeling, although Craig and I won't be retiring at 40,well maybe..it is more wishful thinking for us. You guys are so successful, thats awesome. Keep enjoying your new job and good luck with the restaurant.

Lisa-Marie said...

I could feel joy and contentment oozing out of you from this post, Dawn. I'm so thrilled for you guys! It's always so fun for me to read your posts. You and James do the most exciting things. While I LOVE LOVE LOVE my "job" right now, it's fun to live vicariously through you and your adventures. So, keep having a blast!