CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My favorite things about James' job

James has been working so hard lately on his first huge project with his new company. The company does commercial remodels, exclusively restuarants. I had some time off a while back so I went and spent an afternoon checking out Oceanside and his jobsite.
Here is James working on the new Harney Sushi opening in Oceanside.

This is one of the 'during' photos. I'll post the 'after' shots this weekend at the opening.


This is the building the restaurant will be in, it's the first floor.



Here is a picture of the whole building.


Another cool thing about James' jobsite....Does this house look familiar to you????






Think



Think




Think



Here is another view of that same little beach house,

(the big building in the background is the building James is working in).



Still don't know where you've seen that little house before?!?!?


Let me give you a hint.......





Is that Maverick?



That's right! It's the beach house from Top Gun!

How cool is that? When I was a little girl drooling over Maverick and Ice Man I never would have imagined that I'd be standing in front of Charlie's house, and walking on the same beach where the infamous volleyball scene was filmed! And now my husband is working one block away!

Here's a few more pic's of Oceanside. It's really pretty there, but they have some problems, hopefully adding a few upscale restaurants and condo's will help. There's a beautiful pier that I wanted to go walk on, but when I got asked if I was "working" I knew it was time to go back to my quiet Solana Beach! So I did not make it out on the Pier, no way am I going by myself! Hopefully James and I will be able to go together this weekend.


2 comments:

NT Weekes Family said...

Those pictures are Awesome!
I knew I had seen that house before... long long long time ago!
CooL.
The place/Building looks really classy! LoVe it! :o>

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.