CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Broken Toe

As you all know, I just turned 29. I have made it to 29 without a single cavity, not one broken bone, no stitches, and not one trip to the hospital. I guess I've always been either safe or lucky, mostly safe. So with my great record you wouldn't really think I could break my little toe tripping on my husbands boots! It was time for bed, (you know 8:30) and I turned off the lamp in the living room, so it was dark. And I almost tripped on one of James' shoes, so I go to catch myself and land on the other shoe, but had all of my weight on the outside edge of my foot so I wouldn't fall. The end result was a broken toe, and it hurts so bad. It probably would have just been better to fall! Now I can't wear any of my cute strappy heels. I tried to this morning and it just hurts so bad. My poor little toe is just huge, and red. I was hoping last night that it was just jammed, but I'm quite positive it's broken.

When I was a kid my best friend broke her arm, and she got a cast and everybody signed it and it was so cool and I always wanted a cast. So now I'm 29 and have broken my first bone, I'm getting a cast! Ok, so they don't make casts for broken toes, infact there's nothing they can really do for my little piggie toe who went weee weee weee all the way home. So this post is my ecast if you will. So please leave me a comment so I can feel like I got all of these signatures on my cast. By the way, my cast is pink!

4 comments:

It's all about the "Crew" said...

So very sorry about your toe! Hope it heals quick so you can enjoy your cute shoes. Does this put a damper on exercise as well? Or are you still working it somehow?

Lisa-Marie said...

I am so sorry. It's sad you can't exercise and wear your cute shoes but "sadder" you can't surf!!! Or maybe you will. You are pretty tough!

Hang in there.

Lisa-Marie

P.S. I dotted my eyes with a heart. Just like I would have in Junior high.

Lara said...

I think you should get a cast. That way you can milk all the sympathy you can! Seriously, that would hurt so bad! I'm so sorry.

NT Weekes Family said...

ok, so my mom broke her little toe last year.... it looked like it hurt really bad!! She was pushing in chairs at of her tables & just didn't move her foot far enough out of the way! She ended up buying some cheap ugly sandle type things to wear 'till it healed.
SOooo... Sorry! Dang those boots!
Hang in there tough GirL! :o>